On The Way
(avail. in 2-3 weeks)
Full Stock (on one page)
Band & title search
Ambient | Drone | Experim.
Postrock | Instrumental
Jazz | Darkjazz | Improv
Indie | Mathrock | Folk
Doom | (Post)Metal | Stoner
Punk | Screamo | Hardcore
Go to Advanced Search
Shipping & Payment
Impressum & AGB
Thomas Köner - La Barca 2x12''
Here you can sign in for our newsletter:
Suum Cuique (Demdike Stare) - Ascetic Ideals 12''
label: modern love
"Suum Cuique is the work of Miles Whittaker, one half of Demdike Stare.
- ‘Ascetic Ideals’ is his second album under this moniker and features productions made exclusively on analogue hardware.
- Mastered and cut by Lupo at D&M, limited to 700 copies.
- Recommended if you like Mika Vainio, John Carpenter, Maurizio Bianchi, Eleh.
*For their first release of 2012 Modern Love deliver the second album from Suum Cuique, the analogue noise/experimental project from Miles Whittaker, one half of Demdike Stare.
The first Suum Cuique album 'Midden' was released on Modern Love sublabel 'Young Americans' back in 2010, with these new recordings made in the intervening years and in betweeen sessions for the most recent Demdike Stare album 'Elemental'.
* What differentiates this project from all the others Whittaker is involved with is that the material recorded under Suum Cuique was made using analogue hardware only, often recorded straight from mixing desk with no overdubs or edits.
* The sound veers from the intense shards of noise that make up album opener 'Strohtopf' to the padded techno malfunctions of 'Kuiper Anomaly', the found sound/shortwave radio signals of 'Atlas Levels' to the mystical rotations of 'Intonation' and the electrified drones of album closer ‘Dionysus Decay’.
* Although there are obvious sonic threads running between Suum Cuique and Demdike Stare, the material on 'Ascetic Ideals' is much more stark, at turns recalling the work of Mika Vainio, Eleh, Maurizio Bianchi and even John Carpenter, whose nightmare visions lurk somewhere deep in the mix.
A1/. Strohtopf A2/. Kuiper Anomaly A3/. Atlas Levels A4/. Core Value
B1/. Intonation B2/. Deus Ex Machina B3/. Proton Aesthetic B4/. Dionysus Decay"
Denovali Mailorder © 2011 | powered by
Simple Template System
| Template & additional code © 2011 by
INUO · MEDIA