label: sunday best
"• Visionary filmmaker David Lynch makes his solo debut as a musical artist with the release of his debut album entitled ‘Crazy Clown Time’.
• The album will be released worldwide by Sunday Best Recordings, with whom David formed an alliance when he released last years introductory single ‘Good Day Today’ / ‘I Know’.
• Lynch has collaborated frequently with others on various musical projects – composer Angelo Badalamenti (‘Twin Peaks’), Polish pianist Marek Zebrowski (‘Inland Empire’), plus Sparklehorse and Danger Mouse (‘Dark Night Of The Soul’). ‘Crazy Clown Time’, however, marks the first time Lynch steps into the spotlight alone.
• “The love of experimenting with sound and music is what was driving this boat,” explained the self-taught ‘non-musician’. “All of the songs on the album started as a jam. The jams eventually found a form and lyrics appeared.”
• Lynch’s passion for music has always figured prominently in his filmmaking, starting with his feature debut ‘Eraserhead’ (1977), which included ‘In Heaven’, a song he wrote with Peter Ivers, and continuing through to his most recent work, ‘Inland Empire’ (2006), which featured several tracks penned by Lynch.
• Recorded over several months at his own studio in Mulholland Drive with engineer Dean Hurley (who also contributes guitar and drums), ‘Crazy Clown Time’ unveils a majestic, yet powerfully idiosyncratic vision of ‘modern blues’ that could only be drawn from the mind of David Lynch. Filled with foreboding soundscapes, hypnotic rhythms and enigmatic lyrics, this is music that will resonate not only with fans of Lynch’s films, but also to listeners who appreciate daring, experimental music.
• The album artwork is once again designed by Vaughan Oliver, as he did for the ‘Good Day Today’ single, and features art and imagery supplied by David Lynch personally.
• Available as a deluxe CD, gatefold heavyweight double vinyl, digital download and special super deluxe collector’s edition in bespoke packaging featuring all formats of the album, exclusive imagery, lyrics and more."